Metalfest in Pilsen is has become a highly respected metal tradition. The fans came to favour the festival not only for its great musical dramaturgy of many genres of metal but also for its unique natural environment in which it takes place. The beautiful amphitheatre in Lochotín, where you can see from any place beautifully on the podium, surrounded by a park and meadows, adjacent to the Pilsen ZOO, all just a short walk from the centre of the West Bohemian metropolis of Pilsen. Three days full of the best metal music and fun, that's Metalfest!
venue: Lochotin Amphitheater, Pod Vinicemi 9, Pilsen [49.759526, 13.361107]
GUIDELINES FOR FESTIVAL VISITORS
- METALFEST OPEN AIR tickets from previous date (05.-07.06.2020 and 03.06.-06.06.2021) are still valid to 2022.
- No money refund is possible once the ticket is paid, it is not possible to exchange the ticket on site. Only three-day passes are available.
- The only method of payment in the festival area will be the cashless system, through a festival bracelet with a chip. More info about service: www.metalfest.cz/en/o-festivalu?cashless
- Organizers take no responsibility for any health / personal belongings damages caused during the festival.
- Children older than 3 need their own ticket.
Children under 12 years of age are allowed into the area only when accompanied by an adult.
- It is strictly forbidden to bring drinks, plastic bottles, glass bottles, cans, as well as any weapons, knives, scissors, flag poles, umbrelas and other things classified by staff as dangerous! The organizer reserves the right to personal security check in a manner permissible by law - at any time! A person refusing to consent to such check will be refused entry or escorted out.
- It is strictly forbidden to bring tape recorders or video cameras to the area! Violation of this rule could be classified as a crime!
- Taking photos is allowed only on compact cameras without additional lenses. Only accredited photographers and journalists are allowed to bring professional cameras onto the premises!
- Organizer and artists reserve the right to film, video and TV recording of concert shows and festival atmosphere. Visitor recorded for the document may also be published without further notice with no financial compensation.
- Ticket forgery is illegal and punished according to the law!
- Ticket = wristband. With it, you can leave and re-enter the festival area at any anytime. Once you take it off or lose it, you will not be able to re-enter the festival site! All persons without a wristband on hand will be immediately taken out!
- The accommodation is FREE during the festival in designated camping areas.
- The only currency accepted in the festival area is CZK. Exchange is available at the cash desk by the festival entrance, only EUR - CZK, not the other way around!
- The beer is tapped into reusable cups with eyelet for attachment. A refundable deposit is 50 CZK. Cups are exchanged within the purchase of another beer or could be returned at two buyout marked points. Note - in addition to cups with brewery logo there is also limited edition of Metalfest promotional cups. Those are souvenirs and are not intended for a buy-out. Before you purchase your beer, please decide from which cup you want to enjoy it. Promotional cups will be also available in the festival shop. But for hygiene reasons you don't receive beer into this cups which you bought in the festival shop.
- No dogs or other animals are allowed in the festival area!
- Distribution and placement of any promotional and advertising materials without written permission of the organizer is prohibited!
- The organiser reserves the right to give instructions to the festival participants in order to maintain the safety and smooth running of the festival, to change the conditions stated with immediate effect if necessary, to change the programme and its content, including the performers, in the event of unforeseen events such as weather conditions, accidents, health conditions of the performers, etc.
- The Organiser may order the evacuation of the venue (area) in case of suspected danger to the health of the participants or the Organiser's property, such as natural disaster, terrorist attack, without any compensation for damage or loss of profit to the participant
- By entering the event, the visitor declares that he/she meets the conditions of the current government hygiene and anti-epidemic measures. Please follow czech covid portal. (covid.gov.cz/situace/kultura/festivaly)
Tired of queuing and always looking for your wallet?
This year you'll enjoy Metalfest Open Air 2022 a lot more because all you need is a wristband with a chip and prepaid credit from our technology partner NFCtron! Want to buy a t-shirt, grab a bite to eat or just a shower? Just use the chip that comes with the wristband at any point of sale. How to do it?
Choose from two options
I want to be ready - no queuing and waiting
- Top up your credit online in advance via NFCtron Pass and get a free wristband with a chip.
- You'll get your chip bracelet at the event after presenting the QR code confirming topping up your credit, which can be found on the NFCtron Pass.
- You can see your current balance at the event in the NFCton Pass app where you can find all your receipts.
Pick up your chip wristband at the venue up to two days before the event starts to avoid queues.
Plenty of time - I'll sort everything out there
- You will get a wristband with a chip upon entering the festival. You will top up your credit (cash or card) for a 30 CZK fee on the first top-up.
- You will get an information leaflet with a link and QR code. Save it carefully to check your balance and get any remaining credit back.
Scan the QR code from the leaflet and track your balance in your online receipt.
Ran out of credit?
You can top up your credit at any time during the festival at the NFCtron top-up points with cash or a card.
Got some credit left?
Transfer the credit back to your CZK or EUR account. The money will be refunded to your bank account within 14 days of the end of the event.
Reach out to support NFCtron with any questions.
Camping is available on the meadows in front of the amphitheatre. It is completely free for festival visitors! Only the shower containers located between the camp and the amphitheatre are charged.
Parking - cars
Parking for cars is possible in the meadow adjacent to the camp site and is charged of 200 CZK upon arrival at the parking space, and only in cash! Parking will be valid for the whole time of duration of the festival.
Parking - caravans and campers
Parking for caravans and campers is charged of 800 CZK. There will be a marked place on the adjacent meadow near the festival area and it will be valid throughout the whole festival. In the case of caravans, the price also includes parking the towing car. Due to the limited capacity of these parking lots, it is possible to buy them only on-line!
There are many within the festival area with a large selection of main meals and booths with classic or fast food. There is a plethora of restaurants, pizzerias, pubs and bars nearby.
Autocamp Ostende Bolevak
The auto camp is situated in a quiet area right on the shore of the Great Pond in Bolevec, near the amphitheatre that which can be reached by car, public transport and also on foot. Every Metalfest participant (ID’d with the ticket or the festival brand) gets a 10% discount on accommodation.
- accommodation in bungalows
- space for caravans and motorhomes incl. electrical connections
- grass areas for camping
- parking in the enclosed camp area
- morning breakfast bistro
- possibility to arrange a hot breakfast in the local restaurant
- all-day operation of the restaurant offering hot and cold dishes
- multipurpose playground for volleyball, football and other ball games
- sitting on several fireplaces
- in the case of summer weather and swimming in Bolevák with access to the water from the sandy beach
Hotel Panorama ****
- comfortable accommodation in one of the most beautiful locations in Pilsen, near Košutecký lake
- luxurious, spacious rooms and apartments
- 20 minutes on foot from the Lochotín Amphitheater
- 3 km from the centre of Pilsen, 200 m from public transport stop
- booking prices min. two nights - single room: 1.090, - CZK/night, double room: 1.590, - CZK/night
- ates include buffet breakfast, Wi-Fi, parking, local taxes and VAT.
The city of Pilsen
Pilsen is one of the most attractive tourist destinations in the Czech Republic! We are glad to announce that we were able to negotiate discounts for all the Metalfest visitors to these interesting places in Pilsen:
- 10 % | The World famous Pilsner Urquell brewery
Here you can learn about the production of the legendary Pilsner Urquell beer, its history and current modern production. You can also taste the famous Pilsener lager in the historic cellars, tapped directly from the oak barrels. Find the tour times at www.prazdrojvisit.cz
- 15 % | The Pilsen Beer Story
Follow the footsteps of the Pilsner Urquell brand and discover the story which took place not only in the brewery but throughout the historical centre of Pilsen. Together with the guide, you will explore the most interesting places of Pilsen, which are connected with brewing. The tour takes place on Saturday at 16:00, English only.
- 25 % | Gambrinus brewery
Visit the Gambrinus brewery and find out how the beer is brewed and how does it taste during the process. The tour also includes beer tapping school and a beer tasting. Find the tour times at www.prazdrojvisit.cz
- 50 % | The Brewery Museum
A fun and informative exposition in the uniquely preserved 15th-century brewery building, which talks about the beer production, its serving and drinking from the antiquity to the present. You can browse the museum without a guide and you can take it anytime during the opening hours, 10:00-18:00.
The discount will be deduced from the basic price list. To apply for the discount you have to verify yourself with a valid festival ticket. We recommend to buy tickets online: prazdroj.colosseum.eu/prazdroj/list, the discount will be applied at the reception of the visitor routes.